- Palm Sunday service tomorrow, April 5
- The Passion of Christ and the Hope of his Resurrection
Bible: Mark 15:37-39, 42-47
- And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
- And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.
- And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.
- And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,
- Joseph of Arimathaea, and honourable counseller, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.
- And Pilate marvelled if he were already dead: and calling unto him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been any while dead.
- And when he knew it of the centurion, he gave the body to Joseph.
- And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.
- And Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joses beheld where he was laid.